Roulette is a game of chance. The roulette wheel is marked with numbers 0 (zero) through to 36. The numbers are coloured red and black and the 0 (zero) is green. Colour and number combinations make for lots of ways to bet such as on individual numbers or groups of numbers
– You will be given different coloured chips to play with. They make it easier for both the Players and the Dealer to see whose chips are whose.
– Place your chips on a number of combination of numbers.
– You can continue to place your bets whilst the dealer spins the ball. The dealer will let you know when to stop betting by saying ‘no more bets’.
– When the ball lands in the winning number the dealer will clear the table leaving only the winning bets remaining, which are then paid out accordingly.
- Even Chances – Red, Black, Odds, Evens, High, Low – pays 1 – 1
- Dozens – 1 to 12, 13 to 24, 25 to 36 – pays 2 – 1
- Columns – 1st, 2nd, 3rd – pays 2 – 1
- Single Numbers (called straight ups) – 1,2,3,4 etc. – pays 35 – 1
- Splits – A chip placed between adjacent numbers- pays 17 – 1
- A Street – A strip of three numbers – pays 11- 1
- Corners – The corner of four numbers – pays 8 – 1
- Six-Lines – Strips of six numbers – pays 5 – 1
If the ball doesn’t land on your number in the Roulette wheel, you lose your bet to the House. If the winning number is zero all stakes on the even chance bets will lose half of the stake to the house.
Place Your Bet(s)
Before the game begins, players place their chips onto the bets of their choosing. At a casino, it is better to let the dealer place the chips for you, so that you don’t interfere with other players.
Dealer Throws Ball
Once betting is closed, the dealer will spin the ball along the edge of the roulette wheel. Some offline versions of roulette will allow betting while the ball spins.
Once the ball loses momentum it will begin to fall. After a few bounces, the ball will come to rest in one of the numbered pockets. If you bet on that number, you win.
Spin Again, Change Bet, En Prison
You have the option to spin again, or choose a new betting strategy. If the game has the En Prison rule, you can continue to play with your bet from the last round. However, this bet is ‘in prison’.
|Straight up Pays||35 To 1|
|Split Up Pays||17 To 1|
|3 Numbers Pays||11 To 1|
|4 Numbers Pays||8 To 1|
|6 Numbers Pays||5 To 1|
|Dozen Pays||2 To 1|
|Column Pays||2 To 1|
|Chances Pays||1 To 1|
What Is Your Lucky Number?
Everyone has heard of American Roulette – it is fast paced and simple to play! Whether you play a single number or a combination of numbers the excitement builds as the dealer spins the ball! If you’re new to the game or want to brush up your skills, why not let one of our experienced croupiers teach you how to play with our learn to play casino experience, before hitting the tables yourself.